Sunday, September 12, 2010

Denver: First Report

OK, we made it to Denver. Pretty good flight down overall; non-stop from Anchorage. Seems funny to go anywhere without having to stop in Seattle first. I guess I don't spend enough time at Ted Stevens International; I didn't know there was a Humpy's at the far end of Concourse B. I know where I'll be spending my time waiting for flights from now on...

We got in about 6 AM Denver time Saturday and had our first beer event that evening at Wynkoop Brewing Company. They were hosting The COntenders Event, a tasting featuring beers from Colorado breweries who have won medals at previous Great American Beer Festivals. There were over a dozen breweries pouring nice samples of various brews. I decided to just relax and enjoy myself, so no formal reviews I'm afraid, but it was a great event. Here is a quick photo Elaine snapped to give you an idea:


This evening we'll be heading over to Falling Rock Taphouse after supper. I'll try to keep you updated on what goes on during the rest of the week.

Until Next Time, Cheers!

No comments: