Friday, November 7, 2008

Dream Job?

Would you like to work at a microbrewery? If so, Frank & Debara Kassik are looking for some help. Here's a copy of their job posting:

GENERAL LABORER/SERVER: Small microbrewery is seeking full-time/part-time help.

JOB STATEMENT/PURPOSE:
General laborer/server.
Provide assistance around the brewery. Basic cleaning, stacking grains, assistant in vessel cleaning, etc. Provide customer service in prompt and courteous manner. Abide by all state and local liquor laws.

JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
Some experience in customer service.
Like and have a good understanding of microbrew.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must obtain a Techniques of Alcohol Management (TAM) Card.
Must obtain a DEC food workers card.
Must be able to stand for long periods and lift 55 lbs.
Must have a cheerful and outgoing personality.
Communicate with owners regarding the needs of customers.

OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follow safe and proper procedures in the course of daily work.
Arrive on time and demonstrate effective time management.
Other duties as signed, including tasks which support the essential functions and may be changed or redesigned.
Comply with applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards.

If interested please apply in person at:

Kassik's Kenai Brew Stop
47160 Spruce Haven Street
Kenai, AK 99611
907-776-4055 Please, phone calls for directions only.

This would be a great opportunity for someone who is looking to "get their foot in the door" and learn the business. If I was twenty years younger, I'd take Frank up on it myself.

Speaking of Kassik's, their Imperial Spice Honey Wheat is back on tap. At 8.9% ABV, this is no summer-time light-weight wheat beer! It's a great sipping beer to enjoy by the fire and help ward off the winter chill.

Speaking of warding off the winter chill, Frank promises that his award-winning Caribou Kilt Strong Scotch will be available again before the end of the month. I'm looking forward to enjoying it with my Thanksgiving turkey...

By the by, I promised to let you know how my latest homebrew turned out. If you remember, I brewed up my interpretation of a Holden's Black Country Mild, a wonderful session ale that I used to drink when I lived in the U.K. I'm happy to report that it seems to have turned out very well, at least to my and my friends' tastes. I've dropped off bottles with some of my local professional brewers and I eagerly await their assessments. I'm brewing again this weekend, making a batch of my Imperial Stout. I make this every year as a Christmas gift for my daughter Liana, who loves stouts.

Until next time, Cheers!

No comments: